stone vs iron steel when grinding coffee !

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
Hi everybody here

I need to know what is better to get best aroma and taste when grinding coffee. Some people advice with iron steel plate but other advice with stones

So what is your comment and advice .

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Hanytrade,

It seems like you are asking about the grinder on a verticle grinding mill.

Are you asking if metal is better than stone?

I don't know if anyone on this forum has a verticle grinding mill. If they do, I'm sure they will reply to your question.

Rose

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
Hi Hanytrade,

It seems like you are asking about the grinder on a verticle grinding mill.

Are you asking if metal is better than stone?

I don't know if anyone on this forum has a verticle grinding mill. If they do, I'm sure they will reply to your question.

Rose

thank you for your repy . and yes that what i mean what is better metal or stone ?. and does stone effect the taste and flavor and oil ..?

Last edited:

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
for ppl who dont know the vertical grinding mill and mill stone . they are in attatchment , and btw this vertical grinding mill grind 300 kg/h so fine coffee ( turkish coffee )

but iam afraid this stone effect the aroma and flavore and oil of coffee

so any advice will be great

h_section_detail.jpg

Sell_Grinding_Mill_Stone.jpg

Attachments

• diamant_page_1.jpg
    diamant_page_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 364
  • stones.jpg
    stones.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 765

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I had a stone grinder years ago...bought it from Ambex. I do not think they sold very many. Selling point was it didn't heat up during grinding large amounts and could grind finer I believe...great for Turkish coffee. Problem is I didn't sell a lot of Turkish coffee.

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
I had a stone grinder years ago...bought it from Ambex. I do not think they sold very many. Selling point was it didn't heat up during grinding large amounts and could grind finer I believe...great for Turkish coffee. Problem is I didn't sell a lot of Turkish coffee.

thank you for your reply

and what about your opinion does it effect aroma . flavor and quality of coffee ?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
To be honest...it was over 20 years ago. I just remember that it made very consistent turkish ground coffee. I Think the stones were more polished than the ones in your pics..but like I said it was a long time a go.

hanytrade

Mar 23, 2013
Egypt
Visit site
To be honest...it was over 20 years ago. I just remember that it made very consistent turkish ground coffee. I Think the stones were more polished than the ones in your pics..but like I said it was a long time a go.

i import it from DANMARK and they told me they have a spcial millstone for coffee and it work great as a produce very big quantity , as a aroma and flavor it good but i ask my question to be satisfy i have best aroma avilable or not

anyway i have to make a compare with my self

thank you

Latest posts