Need to locate an FDA approved warehouse near Baltimore port.

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Do you have any guide on how to choose a warehouse for green coffee beans? I live in Maryland and I am working on importing my first speciality grade green coffee from our coffee farm in Burka Gudina, Ethiopia. My family is in coffee business for 75 years and also owns comercial farm that processes and exports our own coffee. The red cherry coffee is being harvested right now. I moved to Washington DC and I am working hard to be able to import to Baltimore Maryland port. I have to find a warehouse that is registered with FDA. Please help
Regards

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Yes a coffee forum member eldub sent me their website, and I called them yesterday. They have branches near Virginia port. Nothing in Maryland,
Thank you peter

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Thank you for your feed back on my previous question
information about the coffee that is produced on one of our farm. The farm is about 15 years old now.

Stock-lot Coffee Sample Our Ref: BGSSLMU3 – 14
Type of coffee: Single farm Specialty Grade Sundried Limu gr. 3
Crop Year: 2014/2015 (Traceable Coffee)
Produce of Ethiopia
Specific Location: Limu-Genet Burka Gudina
Altitude: 1800m to 1950m
Varieties: 74110. 74165. 75227
Certification: Organic/Utz
Quantity: 900bags

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
As I think about this, I'm left wondering why the coffee needs to be near MD. Couldn't you use a warehouse like Continental, have a bag or two shipped to you for sending out samples, and then let the warehouse ship out orders for full bags?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Thank You Peter
I just emailed continental to find out if they provide shipping out orders for full bags.

I cup pre-ship and arrival samples for an Indonesian importer who stores coffee at Continental. They have smaller lots sent here from NJ for cupping and for me to send samples to roasters and cafes, and then when they land a contract for larger volumes Continental ships out the pallets. So you should be OK.

Bereka

Nov 24, 2014
Washington, DC
Visit site
Hello Peter,
I got an email response back from Continental, and this is what it reads

"Our services include only container drayage and warehousing. Sampling and
inland delivery to local coffee roasters also available."

Best Regards,

Latest posts