Coffee Syrup - what is the best brand?

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
NW,
I am not sure how to take your comment. Are you saying you like a different syrup? I may have taken your response wrong, but the question was, "What brand of syrup do you all consider the best". I answered the poster's question.

what I meant was, that you'll get a tonne of responces each of them an opinion. Like: I use Davinci, because it tastes the best in most flavores and the $$ is righ on. My opinion is based in customer satisfaction and cost of product, with quality as a fundimental.

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
NW JAVA said:
what I meant was, that you'll get a tonne of responces each of them an opinion. Like: I use Davinci, because it tastes the best in most flavores and the $$ is righ on. My opinion is based in customer satisfaction and cost of product, with quality as a fundimental.

NW Da Vinci is good, Stirling is good, but in my opinion Monin is the best. Reason #1 it doesn't curdle. #2 it doesn't crystallize/turn to sugar. #3 it has the most consistant taste from month to month, year to year. Besides their sugar-free syrups even taste as good as their sugar based ones. Quality is never fundamental! Is the Quality of the beans you use in your shop fundamental to you? Or is it just one of the many Important things to you and your shop? Just something to think about.

Daniel.

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
NW JAVA said:

NW Da Vinci is good, Stirling is good, but in my opinion Monin is the best. Reason #1 it doesn't curdle. #2 it doesn't crystalize/turn to sugar. #3 it has the most consistant taste from month to month, year to year. Besides their sugar-free syrups even taste as good as their sugar based ones. Quality is never fundamental! Is the Quality of the beans you use in your shop fundamental to you? Or is it just one of the many Important things to you and your shop? Just something to think about.

Daniel.

Daniel,
I totaly agree that Monin is the Best. And yes my beans are the best( I roast) , I like your point though and respect your experinace and you. I learn somthing each day about this buisness. I have never experianced curdling with Davinci, and the only crystalization is on bottles that havn't been cleaned and have been opened. Monin doesn't ever crystalize on spouts or pumpheads, or anytime? That's cool.

Thanks for your post.

Troy

BaristaExpress

Dec 21, 2004
Visit site
topher you are 100% correct that Monin is offering an organic line. I have yet to hear anything about that line or to test them myself. But be assured I will give them a try.

Wow to get crystallization on a bottle just from being open doesn't sound right to me. Troy to my experience I have found that the bottles should be cleaned Everyday, that way you don't get crystallization. This was my practice when I was in business. I know it was a pain to do, but this way I was assured as to have clean product coming from the bottles. So to answer the question about Monin never having a crystallization problem, I couldn't tell you. Like I said before, it was my practice to clean all bottles and spouts at the end of the day. Well to have enough spouts to exchange them out (clean for dirty) at the end of the day.

Daniel.

BE, well you know that's our practice too, but you didn't qualify when Davinci crystalized. I simply stated that's the only time I'm aware of that it happens....geeze like you think I can't run a drive through and roast? Please
don't infer anything, or assume anything. And maybe qualify your coments about things like so, and so doing such and such....

After I said I " honor you experinace" you gave me a slam? Hmmm..