What are your busy days/times for a typical coffee shop

hobbit411

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
For those with management experience in the coffee shop industry, what are your most busy days and/or times for during business hours? I am looking to change my hours within reason.
Sincerely,
hobbit411

hobbit411

May 1, 2013
Visit site
10am-10pm. I do not solely work a coffee shop, but popularity is rising with our customers and they are asking for earlier hours.

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I remembered you asking the same question before. Is the business still a combination frozen yogurt and coffee shop?

http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/coffee-shops-espresso-bars-cafes/10837-hours-coffee-shop.html

If your customers are still asking you to open earlier, it may be worth it to give it a try.

Since I have a hard time hanging around waiting for stores to open at 10 am, I know I would hate it if I had to hang around and wait to get my coffee.... I'd move on and find some place that was open earlier.

What time are the customers asking for? Are they looking to stop for coffee on their way to work or school?

You may need to be there and ready to open before 8 am at the very least. One or two employees could share the morning chores and get a start on the day as well as open the coffee area early.

Do you need to stay open until 10 pm for the frozen yogurt crowd?

Just be sure you hang a bright sign in your window that says something like "Open at 8 am" so you'd get people's attention.

Rose

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
We are open from 9-6. Our busy time is somewhere between 9 and 6. :)

Really. Depending on school and work schedules, time of day, time of year, etc, it ranges from early morning, to mid-afternoon, to early evening. As soon as I definitively think that X is our busy time, it changes. I would rather have steady. Busy creates too many unwashed dishes.

And if you want the early morning coffee crowd, you need to open 6:30 or 7, and close earlier. Don't offset increased revenue by unnecessary late day labor hours that probably can't be justified.

Latest posts