Flat Rate Processing

DianaScott

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Anybody here who has experience with flat rate processing? My friend recommended that I try it instead. Are there any hidden charges or does something like that depend on the company? Any advice?

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Square is probably the best known. Works on Android and Iphone. Best used with Ipad. Square readers are free. Square stand is $99.

It's a flat 2.75%. There are no hidden fees. Unless you are doing well over 2 million per year, and can negotiate a special rate, you will not find cheaper. Pull out your statements. Do the math. With per swipe fees and paperwork charges and etc., you are paying way over 2.75%, even with a base of 1.69 to 1.89%.

DianaScott

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I'll definitely check out Square though I have been hoping to sign up with TSys since the credit card machines that I use are from them. I'm planning to go to my bank and see if maybe they can advise me in this. And you're right. I already did the math and I'm paying way, way over 2.75% in terms of processing fees.

KonaKona

Jul 6, 2015
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
It's my day job to advise people on this. Coffee is my passion work. Square are really good and have good customer service. Payanywhere are making a lot of noise in the space and are cheaper than square 2.69%.