Corazon Coffee Roasters sold…

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Greetings, kids.

Just want to drop a note to let you all know we've sold our roasting business in Iowa and are moving to Oregon. We've been in business for three years and really started hitting our stride and making money earlier in the year. (About the same time my wife took a new position in the Pacific NW.) We used word of mouth and strong growth to find a customer who wanted to become a roaster and had the funding to make it happen. The shop went on the market in May and we closed the deal a couple of weeks back. I'll be joining my wife in Oregon once I teach these guys the ropes. I may be roasting coffee and/or cacao out west. THC infused coffee and chocolate will be in the works…

Anyway, thanks for being here as a resource when I needed to get up to speed.

Scott
Corazon Coffee Roasters

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with all your future endeavors! Where in Oregon might I ask? I might be interested in trying some of your THC infused coffee!!!

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys.

I've been busy as sin. The business really took off about the time my wife was offered a new position in Eugene, OR. It was getting too busy for one person to handle. The new owner's retired mom and dad will be helping out and that's a good thing, imo. Organics are getting big here in Iowa. I expect the new owners will do well.

This place really helped me get up to speed and I thank you all for that.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Just for conversation can you tell us what formula you used to calculate the business worth? The sale price does not matter, I looking for 4 x gross sales + 50% of equipment worth.

People starting or buying coffee business might be interested in this sort of information.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Welcome to Eugene, I think you will find it to be a great coffee town, I myself am opening a new roastery south of Eugene.

Hi "davvey777"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Eldub (Scott) has been a long-time member and a valuable contributor on this Coffee Forum.
I hope the two of you will eventually connect. I imagine that moving to a new town, because a spouse took a new job, must be a difficult adjustment for him.

Thanks for joining us!

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Dooood!!! I am sad to hear you had to sell. I am sure you will be back. Hope you check in every so often. Thanks for all you contributed! You are the man.
Good luck with whatever you end up doing!