Beginning towards my dream of owning a coffee shop: numbers...

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Greetings one and all,

I am SO EXCITED. After thirty years in IT (zzzzzzz), I am realizing my dream of opening a coffee house.

Part of this process involves creating a cost breakdown analysis journal. In so doing, I am not finding one true formula for estimating initial costs and monthly revenue. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

With much appreciation,

Matthew

Paulmmalone

Sep 8, 2015
Austin, Texas
Visit site
Hi Matthew, It sounds like we maybe on the same path. I also have been working on the numbers to start a coffee roastery with a small cafe. Maybe we can compare notes.
BR,
paul
email: paulmmalone at yahoo.com.

mahenryak

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear you're fulfilling one of your dreams. I feel that I am on a similar course--at least somewhat. I've purchased an outbuilding which is going to be devoted to my new roaster--which I have picked out, and hope to order very soon . I also have IT experience--twenty-four years. I don't intend to quit my day job for at least another five years, though. In the meantime, I hope to hone my skills as a roaster and develop a growing customer base. Then, when I am in a better position to retire, I hope to have a nice subsidy to my retirement income, while doing something that I really enjoy. I wish you the best in your enterprise!

Last edited: