Permit/License to sell bottled cold brew?

jsab

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, is anyone familiar with the laws/regulations/permits/licenses needed to produce and sell Cold Brew coffee in bottles? I'd like to make and sell to local markets and cafe's.

I'm thinking like stumptown's bottled coffee. I'm based in Florida.

AndyP

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
In South Carolina you must be in a space approved by the department of agriculture to produce a food product. Here this means: commercially zoned (not a residence), mop-able floors, hand washing sink, triple sink, mop sink, "employee bathroom", and a commercial fridge to keep your products in lots of other little things as well. Plus they will need to inspect your process and packaging. Florida may be slightly different but I'd bet its pretty similar as far as what you need out of a space. Permits and licensing come pretty easily once you've got this stuff.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Big question is this...are you introducing a new beverage into the marketplace, and are thinking of opening a bottling facility, or are you just wanting to bottle a cold brew coffee with your branding? Look for a beverage co-packer in your area. One resource would be the Contract Packaging Association . Obviously setting up a bottling warehouse is a huge capital investment, so for startup beverage company's, and even large ones with distribution nationally & internationally, co-packers offer a solution that does not require the infrastructure be created in each market. Hope this helps.