Testing out Superautomatics for commercial use. Share your experience

keithtan1

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm planning to start my own coffee cart business and currently in the process of evaluating the various superautomatic machines, comparing their capabilities vs pricing.

I tested out the latest spec superautomatic with their special milk foaming technology.

My first impression tasting a Cafe Latte was Flat. The foam is nice on the top, but below the layer of foam, it was heated milk with espresso. Little like a coke that is flat. The frothing did not bring out the best of the milk and it tasted alittle manufacturered.

Not a latte prepared by a barista.

The extraction was good. The difference was the quality of the milk froth. There was nice smooth foam at the top, but the bottom layer was more like heated milk and the coffee tasted bitter and hard.

The same cup of espresso with a manually frothed milk tasted right immediately.

Tried different settings with different foam levels but could not get it right.

Just wondering if the milk steaming process have be done manually? Are there existing superautomatics that would produce a cup of latte like a barista would? I'm not looking for award winning coffee, just a decent cup of latte as its supposed to be.

I noticed Starbucks, Macdonalds are manually frothing their milk. Maybe this is the step that cannot be replaced by the machine?

keithtan1

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
i don't believe that you can get "A decent cup of latte as its supposed to be" with automatic machine.

yes, quite disappointing. I hope they could sort it out using different settings. might have to find the sweet spot. I'll try out another brand tomorrow. Hopefully it would work better.

Not great for a 20k plus machine. :(

Latest posts