low altitude but good quality arabica coffee?

LenaS.

Dec 5, 2015
Arizona, USA
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for arabica coffee that grows at a low altitude in Central or South America. It should also taste good of course.

Do you know which countries grow good quality low altitude coffee? Who could I contact to get beans/seeds for planting?

I know that the higher arabica coffee grows the better it tastes. I'm particularly looking for low altitude coffee though.

Thank you so much for your suggestions, information.

Lena

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Lena,

Sorry for the wry comments here. I know you have a legitimate interest in knowing where to buy good tasting, low altitude arabica coffee, but you need to consider some issues. What would motivate someone to grow arabica coffee for taste at a low altitude when the market does not exist for anything grown at low altitude other than commercial grade and robusta? Considering the effort to grow, harvest and process for taste, the market would not support the expenditures. Also, when it comes to low altitude farming, there are many other cash crops that would produce profit for the effort, so the question of why does it not exist also includes the discussion of opportunity costs. One must decide not to plant a profitable crop in order to produce low altitude arabica coffee at a loss perhaps. Just not going to happen. The question asked by Peter is still the question for which we are all breathlessly awaiting your reply. Please inform us of the market for which you feel low altitude arabica coffee is a solution.

Cheers,

Doug

Latest posts