FDA Inspectioins

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has had their coffee roastery inspected by the FDA. I just had a friend call me saying the FDA had shown up and were 2 hours into an site inspection. He said they asked for their customer list and sales reports. He told them they couldn't have the reports they asked for concerning sales and customers. When I talk to him later I will find out what else they wanted...if anyone else has dealt with this let me know. Thanks!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow...the Federal Food and Drug Administration?? This just seems odd, Toper. Are you sure it wasn't the local health department? Could it be a competitor posing? Does the FDA investigate individual claims? I thought they investigate/inspect only when the risk to public health is in question, or when asked by local health departments. Seems odd, just sayin'...

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I know! That is why I posted this. They said they were with the FDA. They do import coffee directly. Other than that I can't understand why they would be there....and asking for customer list. Will update as I hear anything

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Any update on this? If they suspected or were informed of some form of contamination they most probably would have shut down the store and asked for a list, but the fact that they didn't leaves me wondering.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I spoke to my buddy at the end of the day. Turns out the company used to bring in their own coffee and now sell their coffee to the wash station and repurchase once it is shipped into the states. Once they explained this they said the inspection was done. He said the inspection was brutal.