Who is going to Atlanta for SCAA symposium in April 14- to 17 2016?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I will be there. As much as I love Seattle...I am glad the change in venue. The travel will not be bad this year! It is a great show every year!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a drink. I tried coordinating a get together in 01 and only me and 2 others showed up. Was still a good time. Let me know ;)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Boldjava...I will stop by your both...just out of curiosity, do you all plan on manufacturing anything bigger than a 10 kilo?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
We at Mill City Roasters will be there in full force, full staff, and a full lineup of the North Coffee roasters. Stop and say hello.

Dave Borton
BoldJava
Mill City Roasters
Minneapolis

Wish I could go just to meet you guys! I love your videos, and am definitely going to be speaking with you when it's time to make a purchase on a commercial roaster. Bohdi Leaf Coffee is just a few blocks away from my home in Orange, so I'll probably become a regular of theirs, but definitely will be considering anything special you offer in the way of greens. I hope SCAA plans to come to Anaheim again!!

BoldJava

Jul 29, 2006
St Paul, Minnesota
Visit site
.. I hope SCAA plans to come to Anaheim again!!

Doubtful. They are half-anchoring on the West Coast in Seattle for savings.

...We are currently planning to locate the annual Event in Seattle in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018, pending final negotiations and signed contracts. The SCAA Board has reserved 2016 and 2019 for the Event to be located in the eastern half of the US pending successful negotiations with a suitable venue. At this time SCAA does not have a letter of intent or other pre-contract agreement for additional years in Seattle, but the WSCC is holding space and dates as a courtesy for 2020 and 2021...

SCAA in final round of negotiations to take The Event to Seattle | The Specialty Coffee Chronicle

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Doubtful. They are half-anchoring on the West Coast in Seattle for savings.

But they are located in Santa Ana, CA...which is in itself a revelation to me as the last I knew, they were down by Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA. I suppose that Seattle is a more interesting venue for all the coffee shops, and is likely more well attended. So, yes, the rationale is a financial one. At least now I know that I have the SCAA in my own backyard. Peaberry is very very happy...just sayin'