Water Filtration System

wondercitycoffee

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I will be opening a small coffee shop this coming fall and am looking for suggestions on which water filtration system to purchase.
The Barista school I attended suggested the Optipure BWS-200/16 system, and I don't want to skimp on this item, but wanted to get feedback from others who have used this system or another comparable one before purchasing.

I will be connecting a drip brewer, 2 head espresso machine, 300lb capacity ice machine, and water glass filler.

I will also need a booster pump as my line in pressure is not sufficient to run the espresso machine.

Any help from folks who have positive experience with this system or with others would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kelly

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I like the name...what area of the world are you in? Sorry, no personal experience with filtration equipment in coffee shops, but there was a poster here who sells RO equipment which remineralizes the product water so that you can actually have product water that is ideal for coffee, ie approx 110-130ppm. This also will eliminate unnecessary scaling in your boiler due to hard water issues. I'll see if I can find the information again...

Cheers,

Peaberry

wondercitycoffee

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, Peaberry!
I'm in the small rural town of Locust Grove Oklahoma, population appx 1000. Back in the early part of last century, the town was dubbed "Wonder City on Grand River" hence the name.
I would appreciate any information you can find.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Not a problem Kelly. Keep in mind that this is a system that allows you to adjust the TDS of the input water for your equipment...AND the big plus, in my opinion, is that, by making "coffee water" available to your customers, you can even have the system pay for itself or at least promote the sale of your whole bean or R&G coffee.

Cheers,

Doug