Planning of Putting a Coffee / Bakeshop

thirstyiceskates

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, guys! My dad and bro would like to put up a coffee/bakeshop. My brother is a pastry chef / barista that's why we are specializing cakes, pastries and coffee. My father will assist with financial needs. My mother will help in accounting and I, myself will help in purchasing and marketing. So now, I need some help in sourcing 3 things for our business...

First, what brand of coffee can you suggest which is affordable for a starter like us? Also, I am here in Dubai now and looking for some suppliers of coffee. Dubai is known for its great Arabic coffee.

Second, can you recommend a good POS system? Have you heard about Tablet POS System? I have been seeing this around the web lately and in some stores but I have no idea if it is more efficient to use rather than the usual POS that we see in the counter.

Third, what's the safest way to keep your cash at the end of the shift? We are looking into this cash bags for banking but we are still open for some better ideas.

Thank you and looking forward to read your responses later. :)

NarcisaShepherd

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Nice! That's a good business. Our family is also thinking in putting up one since my dad was a coffee enthusiast and I'm a coffee lover too. By the way, if your brand at Dubai is Arabic , its a Barako coffee for us. It is very well known in the Philippines and has lots of health benefits. That's a suggestion only .

For your second inquiry, I do not have a business yet but my sister have tried a tablet POS system. I see her doing great at her business with the online payment app. I think, it can help improve sales and customer loyalty. You can consider that.

And for your last question. I'm not sure about it. Maybe, you could check something like a coin bag? I do not know exactly know where to purchase it. Perhaps, you may try looking in the internet for choices. I'm sure there are cash or coin bags that could help carry your money securely so as to prevent losses in your daily operations.

Anyway, I hope, I was able to help you. Good luck on your business! Have a great day!

Last edited:

thirstyiceskates

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very for your suggestions! As for the the coin bags, we went for AmpacOnline which also has drop safe envelopes.
Regarding the POS system, we're still looking. What does your sister use?
Thanks again and hope you have a nice day too!

NarcisaShepherd

May 12, 2015
Visit site
You're Welcome! For the POS system , I forgot to ask my sister about the exact system she is currently using. Anyway, I think, she got that POS system from an online reviews. You may also try searching it online. But, I'll try to check it with her too and get back to you soon.

Last edited:

thirstyiceskates

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
You're Welcome! For the POS system , I forgot to ask my sister about the exact system she is currently using. Anyway, I think, she got that POS system from an online reviews. You may also try searching it online. But, I'll try to check it with her too and get back to you soon.

That sounds great. Hope you can get back to me on that. We're currently considering this credit card processing company. I read a lot of reviews and they have an excellent rep. I'm thinking about getting their tablet POS system but I'm not sure yet.