Need you input on a Farm2Cup online plattform for Roaster

great8coffee

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am currently working on an online platform to connect worldwide coffee farmers with worldwide coffee roaster (small independent roasters) . The goal of the platform is to allow small scale roaster to purchase green beans directly from farmers around the globe. Basically the Farmers can create a profil to introduce there yearly crop, yield, elevation, kg to sale, etc....Roaster can get in touch with the farmers to clarify questions and to establish a professional relationship...

Basically the platform would work sort of like ebay....we as platform owner...work as BANK as well as LOGISTIC Provider to ensure safety in transactions and all round satisfaction.

This is just a very brief overview but would love to have your input on the idea etc....

Cheers

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just searched for green coffee on Alibaba. 90 pages. Many listings require a minimum order of one 40ft container. Not much information either. For most artisan roasters, coffee is an experience, not a transaction. Sure nobody wants to be bamboozled, but neither do they want to reduce the process to an eBay type transaction either. Many coffee importers are going direct to farmers, establishing relationships with their buyers too. It's a mutual trust thing all along the supply chain that is built on relationships. Not saying that can't be part of it, but there is a whole lot to how the coffee world is evolving, and it's not simply a connect the dots sort of thing like it was with eBay. Just my opinion for what it's worth...

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
I can see the value in your platform. But the process of shipping and distributing is the long pole in the tent, and making that work for guys like me will be critical. Also, of course, the pricing model will need to be as good or better than the importers.

Latest posts