Grinder Recommendations Needed

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
It is good to be back in the coffee forums, I have been away for some time! I need to purchase a home => commercial grinder. I don't usually grind for customers, for obvious reasons, but I have a new commercial client for whom I will be doing some custom labeling and weekly roasting who would like to purchase ground beans as well. So I am looking for a grinder that will do the trick but not break the bank. It should be able to grind 340 grams (12 oz) at a time. I greatly appreciate any suggestions. I would like to stay under 300 dollars if possible.

Freeman

Last edited by a moderator:

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
i bought a Bunn G3 for $250. and does an excellent job of grinding. you may also look at Grindmaster 875 as well.
001.JPG

Bardo

May 13, 2013
Port Republic, MD
Visit site
Thank you Rose for the suggestion, I should have gone there first. And thank you Namballe, that is one of the roasters I am seeing around for sale. Am I safe in purchasing a used grinder? Not sure of the service life of the burr/motor on these things.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
if you've ever been to a costco, trader joes, or most supermarkets, you'll see these in use. they are very heavy duty units. extremely easy to work on. when i bought mine, i looked it over carefully for excess use. make sure labels are all intact and in good shape. (that will tell you a lot about use). also, look at the on/off switch to see if the letters aren't worn off. best thing is to see in person rather than buying online sight unseen. Bunns warranty on burr life is: 4 years or 40,000 lbs.