Java coffee seeds

Aratuba

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I posted something similar in the b2b section so I hope this isn't redundant .
I'm with some growers who are in need of java seeds for the pupose of cultivating some more land for coffee.
Does anyone here sell or possibly refer to someone who does?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Coffee farm in Philippines?
That is very new to this coffee forum.
can you give us some detailed introduction of you and your coffee farm?
I do not know about others, but I would love to hear from you.
thanks
Alex from Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala

Aratuba

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm helping a local company here in the Philippines. They have around 25 hectares of land above 4,000 feet in Mindanao and are about a year into transitioning from old native methods with other crops to organic and self sustaining practices with specialty coffee. Personally I am new to the coffee business, hiking a relatively steep learning curve but I have some business background and some retail contacts in Seattle.
One of our group is going to Indonesia in October to look for Java seeds but we haven't had any luck finding any resoures.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the thread.
by the way, I must apologize to you by giving you the Costa Rica coffee organization to buy Java seeds.

As you know it or not (I think that you do not know), Java is not one of cultivars of coffee (I just realized it as I was reading your posting just now) There is NO coffee varietal called Java. It is a just a regional style of coffee (comes from the island of Java in Indonesia which consists of different varietals of Arabica & Robusta and other related hybrids.

Any types of coffee coming out of Java island, Indonesia is called Java coffee, as a regional reference. So the coffee could be Bourbon, Caturra, Catimor...etc

again, my apologies.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Aratuba;89206 One of our group is going to Indonesia in October to look for Java seeds but we haven't had any luck finding any resoures.[/QUOTE said:
if some of you are going to Indonesia in this Oct, forget about looking for Java seeds (there is no such a thing as Java seeds).
if they are visiting some of the largest coffee farms, those coffee farms must have their own coffee nursery in their farm.
They should be able to sell you coffee seeds, directly from coffee farms, at reasonable cost since you will be buying directly from a farm.

BrasilCafeImporters

Jun 21, 2016
Miami, Florida
Visit site
Brazilian Green Coffee Growers

Coffee from the Philippines? We are coffee growers from the Machado region south of Minas Gerais, Brazil with a distribution network in Miami. We normally do not source from different coffee growers, but there is a possibility we can offer your inventory. Please visit out website: www . brasilcafeimports . wordpress . com

Aratuba

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Coffee from the Philippines? We are coffee growers from the Machado region south of Minas Gerais, Brazil with a distribution network in Miami. We normally do not source from different coffee growers, but there is a possibility we can offer your inventory. Please visit out website: www . brasilcafeimports . wordpress . com
Bom dia! Muito obrigado por responder. Vou visitar o seu site. Voces tambem trata do cafe na regiao da Bahia?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Aratuba

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the thread.
by the way, I must apologize to you by giving you the Costa Rica coffee organization to buy Java seeds.

As you know it or not (I think that you do not know), Java is not one of cultivars of coffee (I just realized it as I was reading your posting just now) There is NO coffee varietal called Java. It is a just a regional style of coffee (comes from the island of Java in Indonesia which consists of different varietals of Arabica & Robusta and other related hybrids.

Any types of coffee coming out of Java island, Indonesia is called Java coffee, as a regional reference. So the coffee could be Bourbon, Caturra, Catimor...etc

again, my apologies.
No problem. I very much appreciate the input. Part of the learning curve. Explains the underwhelming response to my many inquiries for something that doesn't exist!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk