Need inventory lists please

neparker

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I just recently bought a coffee shop, and after doing inventory I've realized there are some pieces of equipment I need to get, as well as figuring out how much product to get, etc.

I would love it if anyone has lists of what is essential to have at the coffee shop, as well as lists of suppplies that are needed, and maybe even a lists of products for maybe a month until I can get an idea what my customer base will look like. If you have any of these, please let me know and I'll give you my email adddress. Thanks so much.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Sounds like you put the cart before the horse. Did you actually visually inspect the shop and watch the daily traffic? Not sure whether you purchase a turnkey business that was still open or was it closed. The owner should have showed you daily,weekly and monthly sales figures and a list of current supplies and suppliers. Did he show any type of proof of sales like tax returns for the business? How old is the current equipment? What works here in Boston might not work in your location. What equipment is already installed? Are you buying beans from a local roaster? Not knowing anything about what the purchase consists of it is hard to say what you need. Might need to scrap everything and start new. Hard to tel from your post. Most important is a top of the line brewer such as Fetco need a grinder that will be consistent such as one from Mahlkonig. Serving espresso? Doing pour overs with a Hario or Chemex? How's the water? Might need an reverse osmosis system or at least a quality filtration system. Have the water tested. Does the current refrigeration maintain proper temperature? Hot water boiler, ice machine if needed. Serving pastry? Or any type of food you might need need certification to sell it. Could go on and on and so could many others on this forum. what it comes down to is what type of shop do you want to have and what to offer your customers to keep them coming back.

neparker

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
oh no, it's not bad, I've gotten everything I needed to get it up and running. Just wanted to cross check what others have and what I have incase I was missing anything.