Lightbulb Cora - All-in-one pour over coffee brewer

Hi,

My name is Aaron. I'm a huge coffee lover and recently launched a product on Kickstarter called Cora. Cora is an all-in-one pour over coffee brewer. Check it out and give me any feedback!

Cora combines a kettle, carafe, bluetooth scale and coffee storage into one unit!

Kickstarter Campaign!

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong forum section. I tried to guess correctly. Please re-locate as needed, and I apologize in advance.

Cora - All-in-one pour over coffee brewer-1-intro.jpg

Hello, Aaron. Welcome to the forum.

That's a good looking unit you've got there. After googling it and watching the Kickstarter video and also being a daily user of a pour over brewer, the only improvement I can suggest would be to have a brew switch incorporated similar to a Bonavita brewer. To me, if I can't control the steep-time then I'm not getting the best out of my unit.

Other than that, it looks to me like you've got a winner there. Good luck with your project.

Bacchus, thanks for the reply! Could you explain the switch a bit more? Cora is a manual pour over (like a Chemex) and not automated. I'm not quote following the switch concept!

How are we going to hold it while assuming it as the kettle, there is no handle?

Here's a link to an image of a Bonavita pour over brewer. The toggle switch shown on the base of the unit allows the user to control the 'steep time' of the coffee being brewed.

Bonavita 16-oz. Immersion Dripper Single-Cup Coffee Brewer

friedcoffee, great questions. The Kettle will be microwavable, or you can add your own hot water. It is wrapped in cork (material possibly subject to change based on microwave requirements) so it can be handled without burning yourself or the requirement of a handle. I've found that removing a handle on the kettle makes controlling the pour even easier. Short answer: there's no handle, but just hold the body of the kettle like you would a regular cup.

Bacchus, I think I'm with ya now... thanks for the link. Cora doesn't have a lever to control the steep time. Think of it as a V60 or Chemex pour-over, not an immersion dripper.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links