Paintings made using coffee

CoffeeQuill

Aug 27, 2016
NYC
Visit site
Hello all!

I am a coffee painter (aka starving artist) and have been making paintings (using strong coffee and ONLY coffee) of the fronts of coffee shops... but I can paint anything you like :)
Please let me know if you would be interested in having me make one for you! :)
13395154_1086058974787834_987779233_n.jpgCoffee Painting of My Coffee Shop Coffee Shop.jpgIspresso Coffee Shop Coffee Painting.jpgSmithandChang Coffee Shop Front.jpgVanilla Bean Cafe 1.jpg

laura541

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Coffee Painting for Dummiescould be a real book because it's that easy for anyone. The hardest part is just getting started - jumping in. The technique of painting with coffee is similar to watercolor painting but it's much easier to get started because the color range is limited to various stages of Brown. You don't get lost in as many choices and it's a good exercise in learning about the range of color values.
Safety Zone. Coffee is unexpectedly "forgiving" and can be erased after it dries on the paper. This is impossible with watercolor. However, once the coffee has been painted over pencil it can no longer be erased.
Blending. When a painted edge of wet coffee meets a section of clear painted water an automatic blend occurs This is similar to watercolor.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Coffee Painting for Dummiescould be a real book because it's that easy for anyone. The hardest part is just getting started - jumping in. The technique of painting with coffee is similar to watercolor painting but it's much easier to get started because the color range is limited to various stages of Brown. You don't get lost in as many choices and it's a good exercise in learning about the range of color values.
Safety Zone. Coffee is unexpectedly "forgiving" and can be erased after it dries on the paper. This is impossible with watercolor. However, once the coffee has been painted over pencil it can no longer be erased.
Blending. When a painted edge of wet coffee meets a section of clear painted water an automatic blend occurs This is similar to watercolor.

Is the entire sketch made with pencil first, and then it is colored in with the coffee paint?

bagels

Nov 26, 2016
Arizona
Visit site
i adore those! so cute!! you should try and get an art showing in a coffee shop if you haven't already, you'd probably sell a ton or at least it would be a lot of fun

bstcups

Dec 26, 2016
China
Visit site