Coffee Origin Trip - What Do You Want?

What would you want to do/see on a coffee origin trip. Working on details to put our first together next year. Any feedback is appreciated!

7 day coffee origin trip to Honduras in 2017

-The trip would be about 7 days travel in all.
-It would consist of 5 days of visiting various farms (likely 3 to 5 depending on the farm size)
-There would also be some visits to various processing facilities from washing to roasting and everything in between.
-At each farm you would get a bag of green and a bag of roasted to take home.
-There would also be equipment on hand to work with like a roaster, pour over supplies and a expresso machine.
-The evenings would be yours to do with as you please. There are Mayan Ruins, a beautiful bird park, loads of restaurants, souvenir shops, waterfalls, hot springs and more.
-You would also receive a t-shirt and a coffee mug to take home.
-2 meals (breakfast and lunch) and unlimited coffee would be supplied.

-Daniel Kent

66591d880092483914311c05df429214.jpg

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hello Daniel.
first of all, I would like to wish you the best wherever you are and whatever you are doing.
about a year ago, you told us that you will be moving down to Honduras to your farm with all of your family.
I am not sure that you already have, but since you are trying to organize this special trip, perhaps you already have or soon you will.

During my 30 years of traveling life, I have been to a lot of countries, but honestly to say, never been to Honduras, even though we are just neighbors. (I am guessing that it would be about 15 hours of bus ride from my work place to your farm... Just wild guess)

If time allows, I would love to visit next year. I have to work with my customers from Feb to End March or even early April, but I hope that I can find a time to visit. (maybe even with Mr. Peaberry since he is coming down to see us during harvest & coffee export time)

by the way, just curious... can you tell us exactly where is your farm at? perhaps you can link google map?

I know that it was an important decision for you and your family to begin new life in Honduras coffee farm.
I just wish that everything will work out great for you.
and if you have any questions about some coffee matters, just let me know.
I would like to help as much as I can.

thanks and God bless.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Thank you friend! We'd love you to visit and yes we are moving end of January to run both the farm and our ministry there. Our farm in just outside of Copan Ruinas in Santa Rita. Once we move you are welcome to visit anytime!
Blessings!

very close to the border of Guatemala & Honduras. and it is only about 8 hours (430 km) according to google map.
https://www.google.com.gt/webhp?sou...q=distance from quetaltenango to copan ruinas

Daniel, normally, how do you get to your farm? do you fly to Tegucigalpa and drive to your farm? how long does it take? about 5 to 6 hours?