Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrycoop View Post
    Does anyone have experience with promoting a coffee brand on Facebook?
    Do you also have a website where you sell your coffee?

Facebook is useful to lead people to your website, and then they can explore what you have to offer and buy your coffee.

I never bother to read the ads that come up on Facebook pages. I'm pretty much conditioned to just ignore them. I have a feeling lots of people do the same thing.

Come to think of it, I also never bother to read the ads that come up on this Coffee Forums website.
    Last edited by PinkRose; 10-06-2016 at 05:03 AM.

No website yet it is being build right now. The same person that is building the website also is the one that say he can target market people on facebook. I am like you pinkrose I don't look at the ad. That is why I just don't know about doing it. Plus he is charging 5k to do so.

Are there any other social media sites that you would advertise on beside facebook?

Iv seen both FB and Google chew clients money up and spit it out like a $500 Burr Grinder.. Before you hire anyone , you must determine what your end goal is. If its to simply get new customers to your website, FB is probably not your solution.

Facebook would be a great option...let us know how you are promoting your brand there...

I think Facebook is great for getting some brand recognition. I am just getting into the coffee industry but for businesses in the past it has been great. There are generally community pages you can share your post to. You don't have to pay for every post, just promote the ones that are already doing well organically. I would try to do Facebook, Instagram, twitter and snapchat if possible. Are you a roaster or just an online retailer? Instagram followings are easy to grow and you can track analytics, you can share your Instagram posts to your twitter and your Facebook, so I would start there. I would post all images (picture content) on Instagram and share it via twitter and Facebook, post all funny jokes and comments (keep it light) on twitter, mostly just retweet and stay active in the community. Then with Facebook promote sales and new products etc, the idea is to post 10 posts that your customer is genuinely interested in per 1 post that you are trying to convert them. You don't want to advertise with every post you throw up. I would also try to convince every follower on every other social media to follow you on snapchat. Snap chat is great because you can communicate with your followers in real time. You can show them you have a life and you can show them your coffee, you can snap people individually and or add to your story. I wouldn't pay someone for social media as it just becomes generic and the public will notice the difference. I've built a few social accounts so give me a pm if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. It increases facebook likes and popularity.

Great stuff i got here. Really appreciating post. All replies are too useful.
    Keep posting ahead such a informative stuff.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum but I am glad to find a subject that I can weigh in on. I do digital marketing for coffee shops in the U.S. and here are some pointers I would like to share.

Facebook has two sides for businesses: free and paid. The free side is what most businesses utilize. This is where you are posting pictures and statuses on your fan page. The other side is the advertising. The most recognizable form of this is the "boost" button that Facebook throws at you whenever you make a post(free advice: never boost a post).

Advantages of Each:
    -Free: It's free and it builds awareness of events or specials to your most loyal customers. It also helps traffic and organic(non-paid) listing in google!
    -Paid: If done correctly, it can dramatically increase your new customers as well rejuvenate old customers that you might have lost. This is especially true if you own a local coffee shop. It does all this, while giving you concrete numbers of what is effective and what is not.

Disadvantages of Each:
    -Free: Very little outreach and undefinable success or failure. This will feel a bit like throwing spaghetti against a wall.
    -Paid: Obviously its not free haha and it can be a bit daunting. The biggest frustrations are that Facebook is constantly changing and in some ways trying to make a quick buck (*Cough* boosting posts). If you go this route by yourself make sure to devote enough time to research fully.

I hope this is helpful and if anyone has any questions, I will be glad to help: feel free to PM me.

I promoted it. Facebook is one of the most effective platforms for posting such content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links