Using Facebook to promote my coffee brand

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We just started using Facebook and instagram. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=cafe vidal we are an importer as well as a roaster. Seems that younger people are more likely to us instagram and snapchat over Facebook. Once we start promoting it more I will let you know which one worked better. If you have an instagram or facebook page add the link so we can check it out! Here is our instagram...just started it and it is a work in progress. https://www.instagram.com/cafevidal/

Countrycoop

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I am a coffee roaster. I was going to hire someone that can target people on facebook to advertise my coffee brand to. Buy don't know if it is worth it that is why I posted this question. Thank you for replying.

SuzieHomemaker

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I think the key is to use a variety of social media outlets and not rely on just one. I have 30 Facebook pages and they are helpful for building business. You have to find out what type of post engage your fans and make them want to make a purchase.

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
For promoting a coffee brand on facebook, you should have a descent profit margin on each bag, say on 100 clicks only 2 people buy; so 98 clicks are wasted but they have to be counted as expense. And for each click, if you are targeting US region, you have to pay a minimum of .15-.40 cents. Hope this helps as conversion ratio is not that good.
After this, you have to scale down to the type of people buying your coffee and that is called Scaling. This means targeting only people who are buying your coffee which lowers your expenses.
Hope this helps a little.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with promoting a coffee brand on Facebook?

Do you also have a website where you sell your coffee?

Facebook is useful to lead people to your website, and then they can explore what you have to offer and buy your coffee.

I never bother to read the ads that come up on Facebook pages. I'm pretty much conditioned to just ignore them. I have a feeling lots of people do the same thing.

Come to think of it, I also never bother to read the ads that come up on this Coffee Forums website.

Last edited:

Countrycoop

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
No website yet it is being build right now. The same person that is building the website also is the one that say he can target market people on facebook. I am like you pinkrose I don't look at the ad. That is why I just don't know about doing it. Plus he is charging 5k to do so.

cirfer

Oct 7, 2016
South Florida
Visit site
Iv seen both FB and Google chew clients money up and spit it out like a $500 Burr Grinder.. Before you hire anyone , you must determine what your end goal is. If its to simply get new customers to your website, FB is probably not your solution.