Grinder help/suggestions needed

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I started business with 3, 1HP Excel C11 grinders. Actually they are made by La Minerva but discontinued some years ago. They were 20+ year old new grinders as they'd never been out of the box. The price was really right for a start-up company and they worked great. Still do as a matter of fact except for one little thing . . .

The burrs are wearing out and La Minerva quit making parts for them. No grinding discs available. I've searched the Internet looking for new sets of grinding discs but no joy. I've looked and looked and made a lot of calls about finding someone to sharpen what I have, but again no joy. (By the way, if you need this type of help yourself check out www.italmill.it and they may have the discs you need, sadly they didn't for me.)

So (a) would any of you know who/where I could get new discs for these machines? Discs are 74mm diameter by the way with 2 screw holes (most discs this size have 3)

And beyond that the handwriting is on the wall . . . I run these grinders just about all day, every day, and they it is starting to get to where they can't keep up. So even if I get them back in good nick I'm going to have to upgrade. I'm looking at MPE grinders, Mhalkoenig grinders, Ozturk grinders, and a couple more. These are the type of grinders that have a throughput of 100kg or more per hour depending on grind size. They are also happy to run all day.

What is your experience with these or other grinders? Any recommendations?

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I started business with 3, 1HP Excel C11 grinders. Actually they are made by La Minerva but discontinued some years ago. They were 20+ year old new grinders as they'd never been out of the box. The price was really right for a start-up company and they worked great. Still do as a matter of fact except for one little thing . . .

The burrs are wearing out and La Minerva quit making parts for them. No grinding discs available. I've searched the Internet looking for new sets of grinding discs but no joy. I've looked and looked and made a lot of calls about finding someone to sharpen what I have, but again no joy. (By the way, if you need this type of help yourself check out www.italmill.it and they may have the discs you need, sadly they didn't for me.)

So (a) would any of you know who/where I could get new discs for these machines? Discs are 74mm diameter by the way with 2 screw holes (most discs this size have 3)

And beyond that the handwriting is on the wall . . . I run these grinders just about all day, every day, and they it is starting to get to where they can't keep up. So even if I get them back in good nick I'm going to have to upgrade. I'm looking at MPE grinders, Mhalkoenig grinders, Ozturk grinders, and a couple more. These are the type of grinders that have a throughput of 100kg or more per hour depending on grind size. They are also happy to run all day.

What is your experience with these or other grinders? Any recommendations?

i am a die hard Mahlkonig fan,having 5 of their grinders. For heavy production MPE is the top of the line if you have the budget for their industrial line. Mahlkonigs VST grinder is a work horse but it is a small volume grinder.