where to open coffee shop

randstef

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Good morning all. I posted on this a while ago and got some good responses and advice but still stuck and not sure where to turn. I did do the city data search the someone suggested but its so hard online because not sure whats credible and whats not. I deally we are looking for a quaint downtown area that we can own a building and live in part of it and run the business out of the other. Seems as though if its a cool little town,its already saturated with established places. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or personal experience with a small town that may need a coffee shop? have been looking north as we love snow. I will greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give. Merry Christmas to all!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
All I can offer is that every decision you make is entirely your responsibility. There's not much you can find here in terms of specifics that will realistically help with what you are envisioning. That's all on you. Whether you pay for professional advice or you invest the time, and research to figure it out yourself. Whatever the case, you'll have to make the final decision. You should get used to that sooner rather than later. Every win will be yours, every loss will be yours. Rather than being in love with the idea of having a coffee shop, love coffee, respect the ingredients, and build a great business. Go do it, and then send us pictures in a couple years when it's all done.

randstef

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks John,was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to lok into, thats all,but thank you. Merry Christmas.

bstcups

Dec 26, 2016
China
Visit site
Good morning all. I posted on this a while ago and got some good responses and advice but still stuck and not sure where to turn. I did do the city data search the someone suggested but its so hard online because not sure whats credible and whats not. I deally we are looking for a quaint downtown area that we can own a building and live in part of it and run the business out of the other. Seems as though if its a cool little town,its already saturated with established places. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or personal experience with a small town that may need a coffee shop? have been looking north as we love snow. I will greatly appreciate any advice anyone can give. Merry Christmas to all!
try to open it when have more people!

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure where you will find a small town that can support a coffee shop that doesn't already have a Starbucks!!! Just kidding, I'm sure there are plenty, but then, as you said, the towns that are small and quaint that can support a coffee shop, more often than not, already have a coffee shop. I would suggest that you just focus on larger metropolitan areas that have quaint shopping or business districts that can support more than one coffee shop, and then just do as John suggested...set yourself up to be the go to place for folks who appreciate good coffee and focus on being better than the competition. Because of the larger population, more opportunities will come that allow you to grow your business.

randstef

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes,we want to have it in a charming small town with lots of locals,not looking to get rich just make a living. Looking in minnesota.

randstef

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes,we want to have it in a charming small town with lots of locals,not looking to get rich just make a living. Looking in minnesota. I like the feedback about doing it better than the competition. I firmly believe in great customer service and a great product. Win win situation.

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You might consider going mobile first. There are a few of us here who have coffee food trucks that allow us to fo where the people are for events as well as established locations. The big benefit is there is no longterm lease to sign or building to sell if you decide that is not the best location for you.