questions on selling my own branded k-cups

best2juck

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone good evening!

I was just curious about process of manufacturing and selling k-cups.

So suppose I have a k-cup sealing machine, empty k-cups, and the roasted coffee

....and if I want to manufacture k cups and sell it on amazon, what do I need to do before selling those as a 'my own brand'?

Do I need to report to FDA, do some paperworks.. and get proof by them that my products are safe and edible?

is it illegal if I just sell those without reporting to the States?

I live in Southern California and I have no ideas on regulations of selling coffee product in CA.

Does anyone know what is needed to be done before selling a product?

Thank you for your interests!

apayson

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hm. I know that things like coffee shops are under the dept. of agriculture jurisdiction. I would just search for things like "regulation of coffee packaging for commercial sale" or something. Be specific because I've noticed that the wording on these can be pretty specific.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

best2juck

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
When you are ready to produce let me know..I might have some equipment for small scale production for sale.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whenever I find out what process is needed.. hopefully in February :)
I will DM you in the future thanks!

Last edited:

best2juck

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hm. I know that things like coffee shops are under the dept. of agriculture jurisdiction. I would just search for things like "regulation of coffee packaging for commercial sale" or something. Be specific because I've noticed that the wording on these can be pretty specific.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help!
Yes I might need to get patent or license for my own brand and do some paperworks before selling products..
I'm asking around but nobody around me owns a coffee shop or sell coffee products, or any kind of food products so..

I've tasted very authentic coffee near my home and I really like to share their unique flavors using K-cups.

Hopefully I can put them in the k-cups using the sealing machine, and put logos.. and sell those through online shops.
Since it is a drink that goes into our body, I'm assuming that selling products needs to undergo many safety test to get license to sell as a products.

I'll keep try to research on online.

lizthorn

I think that Keurig no longer has the patent on the original "K-Cup'... enough time has passed since its invention.

That's why they came up with the VUE 2.0 or whatever... they created a new cup design because they lost the monopoly on the old one.

All the usual FDA and GMP rules still apply though. I'm sure you can find all the information on google.

Good luck!

best2juck

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I think that Keurig no longer has the patent on the original "K-Cup'... enough time has passed since its invention.

That's why they came up with the VUE 2.0 or whatever... they created a new cup design because they lost the monopoly on the old one.

All the usual FDA and GMP rules still apply though. I'm sure you can find all the information on google.

Good luck!

Thank you for your info!
Yeah I believe that Keurig version 2 has different design of kcups.
But I also believe that there are many k-cup products that fits on both of versions