how do you manage food safety processes and concerns when inspected by FDA

chirmflask

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Is a coffee shop considered as a food business? If yes, then it should also implement and maintain a food safety management system based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles, am I right? We will soon be opening our coffee shop and just wanted to ask how do you manage food safety processes and concerns when inspected by FDA and other regulatory boards?

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
This may not be relevant south of the border as I live north of the 49th parallel.

As a coffeeshop, we are subject to municipal/regional food/health inspections.
Just as important are fire inspections

There are no federal coffeeshop inspections as far as we are concerned

chirmflask

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Actually, I have made some inquiries and yes, coffee shops is not under FDA. The thing is the permits from the government has various requirements such as health permits among the employees and sanitation permit for the actual location.

The tool that is being referred is a food safety management system software.

FaithKelly

Jul 27, 2020
Visit site
Of course, a coffee shop is considered as a food business. My husband and I have a business selling diet snacks and it is also considered a food business. In addition, you should specify what kind of coffee you sell, it may depend on which business you will be assigned to. By the way I was recently very surprised when I found out that Taco Bell has some low-carb options. After reading the article on https://www.modernfit.com/food/how-to-order-keto-at-taco-bell-for-a-low-carb-diet/ I found out a lot. I recommend everyone to read it.

Last edited: