opening soon!

joeydyna

Feb 2, 2017
Middletown, CT
Visit site
hey guys it looks like we will be opening our doors sooner than we anticipated! so heres what im hoping you all can help with. we are checking out a very promising location on friday, and in order to sign a lease i want to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. im hopefully meeting with an accountant/attorney soon to get an ein and fed tax id#. i was wondering what you all have done in terms of leasing/buying, where you got the equipment and what equipment is needed to purchase. we are going to be roasting our own beans and weve decided on a diedrich ir-12 for a roaster but in terms of everything else im looking for some guidance! thanks in advance!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Do you have someone on staff that has coffee experience? Tell me you have someone with experience in roasting..If not I strongly advise you to find someone who knows how to roast. If you find the right person they should know exactly what you need as in equipment for your shop.

joeydyna

Feb 2, 2017
Middletown, CT
Visit site
we have someone with experience in making coffee. we have a family friend who has been roasting for a few years who is going to be teaching us how to roast this weekend and more in the future before we open. i was just hoping to get a list of some sort so i can start looking and figuring out what i need to order and whatnot.