Starting a coffee shop!

elif

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I’m new here and I am here for some help.

Me and my friends have started a coffee shop, since 3 months. The shops interior and exterior works are done in such a way that people would get attracted to the shop. Now, there are lots of coffee shop around here and there is large competition in the market.

We were planning to do mobile vehicle advertising for our shop. We have heard it from one of our friends. We don’t have much idea about it. Wanted to know more about it.

Are there any other type of advertising? Does this really work? Please help me with this.

Last edited:

Stonewall123

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Not really a great return. If you are on a budget I think you best bet is doing a door to door campaign with a great coupon. It is a start and the beginning of a long build up. If you go to your local book store there is a great series of books called Gorilla Marketing..That with social media which is free should get you up and running.
Good luck

Rach23

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
I think vehicle advertising is really effective. It's not hugely expensive to get it done and then it doesn't cost you anything after that. It's a constant advertisement.

It's good for name recognition if you are in a smallish city or town. If there's a lot of other shops but yours is the only one that they've heard of then they'll probably choose you.

ForgetMeNots

Apr 30, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Do you currently have a social media campaign set up? If not it is really important! Most coffee drinkers these days are millennials, and thus the best places to do your advertising are on the internet and social media platforms through your own website & Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, post A LOT, and make sure you tell everyone who comes into your shop to check out your Facebook, Instagram, twitter, etc.because one share can help hundreds of people who are likely in your area learn that you exist. but mobile vehicle is good so long as the driver is only driving in areas with your demographic

DiegoFjord

Jan 6, 2015
Tampa, Fl
Visit site
IMO a mobile billboard is a horrible idea. I would follow ForgetMeNots advice. Between Facebook and Instagram you can reach 10,000 people for under $100 and have the option to target your add to specific groups.

JonBarista

May 2, 2017
Visit site
If you are able to get any local PR from your local newspaper this may be a good way to get some free press for your shop.

Linking to ForgetMeNots you could do social media and do a check-in offer. Eg. check in to us on facebook and we will upgrade your drink from a medium to a large for example?

Macedo

May 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL USA
Visit site
Run local ad campaign and target the city dwellers. Will not cost a lot but the cafe name will be in the air. You get visitors willing to drop in just out of curiosity. Perfect reason for the first ever date as well ) Contact me if you need more ideas ))