Recommend Sample Quantity

BrazilianJoe

May 2, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I have been roasting for quite sometime now and trying to start selling locally to coffee shops in my area.
I would like to know the best approach to introduce your roasted beans to a coffee shop after realizing the potential of a particular shop. What I mean is if I see that the coffee shop buys or roast their own and if they buy cheap coffee or premium coffee so I can either pursue or move on to the next shop.

I plan to have 5 to 6 varieties of beans my question is as follows:

1) Do you give samples of all your beans?
2) If so how much of it?

Just wondering and thinking as a coffee shop owner if I was to received 1 lb of free samples of roasted coffee from coffee roasters I would welcome all of them and even call roaster in my area to come by as 1 lb of free coffee would yeald a nice profit!

Any thoughts and advise is highly appreciated.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Some places we passed out a lb of coffee and other cases we invited owners to come over and sample the different types.

Macedo

May 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL USA
Visit site
The owner of Full Cup Flavor an a good friend of mine sends out coffee samples occasionally. And because the choice of his on-line store is pretty rich he offers a set of 5 - 8 coffee flavors each 2.5 oz. But he is only selling gourmet coffee so weights may differ.