Coffee shop hours different between lobby and drive through

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys! I was curious of anyone had any advice on coffee shop hours. Do you have different hours for the lobby as you do the drive through? If so, how do you advertise for that? Is just a sign on the building enough?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hey guys! I was curious of anyone had any advice on coffee shop hours. Do you have different hours for the lobby as you do the drive through? If so, how do you advertise for that? Is just a sign on the building enough?
coffee shop hours differ from countries, cities, cultures and races. as example, in Korea & Japan, most of coffee shops open late (around 10 am) and stay open until mid night or even beyond.

In Latin countries, Mexico, Guatemala, they open early (around 6 am) and close bit late (8 to 9pm) only for franchised coffee shops, but individual shops open bit later (7 to 8 am till 8 pm).

if your coffee shop is in a business building, more likely, they open 8 am when employees start coming in and close at 6 pm or so.

so, it depends where you are at, what facility you are at, what kind of business building you are at.

for drive thru & lobby hours, it could be the same as long as you can service both without any problems.

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Only drive thru? If you are in a busy city, like Los Angeles, I would go with 6am till 9pm. Strictly selling coffee might not be enough for income, so you got to sell other things...

Let's say we want our drive through hours to be 6am-9pm, but we find that almost everyone goes through drive through between the hours of 6-8am (happened in one of the shop i've worked at), would it be reasonable to just open drive through at 6am, let lobby opens at 8am? Lowers the number of baristas for at least part of the day.