Coffee Cubes

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
So Starbucks is now trying to make coffee ice cubes. They charge an additional $.80 per drink. We have been doing it for over 6 years now. It is a pain in the ass. Coffee cubes have to be made by hand. If you try to use a machine only the water freezes leaving behind a foamy coffee mess. We go through over 900 lbs a week in one of our locations. I feel bad for the people who have to "crack" the ice! Anyone else doing this?
Starbucks tests coffee ice cubes to prevent diluted drinks - TODAY.com

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
So Starbucks is now trying to make coffee ice cubes. They charge an additional $.80 per drink. We have been doing it for over 6 years now. It is a pain in the ass. Coffee cubes have to be made by hand. If you try to use a machine only the water freezes leaving behind a foamy coffee mess. We go through over 900 lbs a week in one of our locations. I feel bad for the people who have to "crack" the ice! Anyone else doing this?
Starbucks tests coffee ice cubes to prevent diluted drinks - TODAY.com
is this how you also make it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLa7azecSQ8

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Been doing it for 4 years. Saw the exclusive on the news this morning. Never charged extra for coffee cubes. The news report sounded like they invented this process.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We do something similar. But we have a walk in freezer in all of our stores. We have it filled with baking racks filled with ice trays. I am amazed by how much the stores go through!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
IMG_0656.JPGMakes a great iced coffee.