Business Name (I Need Ideas)

Carribean

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Hello, Coffee Forums

My name is Joe and Im from Puerto Rico. Im a US Army War Vet who just got out few yrs ago.
Ive been reading & learning alot on this great forum with the great knowledge all members bring to the table. Im still in the planning phase of opening my Roasting company ie.. Building business plan etc..

I would like some ideas of Business names in the line of:

Paradise Roasting, Island Roasted Coffee, Cup of Joe's, Carribean Roasted Coffee.

Any ideas would be appreciated !!

Mods: Hopefully I did post in the correct area.

Thanks in advance...

Carribean

Carribean

Jun 18, 2017
Visit site
Welcome, Joe from Puerto Rico.
which city in Puerto Rico you are from? Actually Puerto Rico was my very first overseas travel in my life (about 30 years ago) for business trip.
After that, probably I have been there about 25 times, mostly for business.
What a lovely island and people.
I used to stay in Condado area and every morning, I used to run from my hotel in Condado to San Felippe del Morro in Old San Juan every morning (probably I can not even walk up now, ha ha ha). Come to think of it that run was one of the best & beautiful running courses among all other countries I have traveled and ran.

okay, going back to your coffee name...
since you are from Puerto Rico, how about naming after some famous or nostagic places in Puerto Rico or your city?

Cup of Joe's is probably taken.
BTW, Cup of Joe is a nickname for a cup of coffee. It was named after Admiral Josephus "Joe" Daniels who prohibited alcohol on Navy ship in 1914. Hence, coffee became the beverage of choice for the sailors!!!

Im very glad you have enjoyed the island and have continued to do so. Great info on the history of the term Cup of Joe. I'll look into any history of my town for additional ideas.
Im located in the east coast a town named Fajardo.

how about "Jayuya Coffee Roasters"?
Jayuya is the region/mountain where all the best Puerto Rico coffees are from.

You are correct, PR has only one big company which offers few brands of roasted coffee, its a multi-millionaire company (PR Coffee Roasters) Obviously Ill try getting greens beans from them as planned, otherwise I will be traveling to get the best deals straight with the farm owners through out the world. I have about 5-7 countries Im planning on visiting once I get everyhing running.