New Coffe Roaster

Mihai

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I am Mihai. And i just buy a brand new coffe roaster
Can someone from here help me to conect the coffe roaster to my laptop ? Do i need something like a special usb cable ? Or somerhing like that ? Please tell me all the steps even the app that i should install to have access to coffe roaster from my lapto ?. Ty

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
That's a big question to answer... first - your roaster has to have thermocouples installed in the unit. Thermocouple's measure the temperature at point of installation. A thermocouple will have a junction end (aka plug) that will go into your device that converts the thermocouple temp into a USB format. There are tons of solutions out there... I have a Phidget 1048 installed on my production roaster and use a handheld Amprobe TMD-56 for my Quest sample roaster. The device (whatever you choose) will have a USB output which you plug into your PC. From there, you will need coffee roaster profile software. There are tons on the market - Artisan / Typica / Cropster are the big three... and there others out there. Each has different setups... good luck.