Milk Supplier

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm having a hard time finding a milk supplier other than Costco. And since the Costco here doesn't deliver, we will have to pick up milk (25 minutes away) once or twice a week. Not ideal. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for milk distributors? I'm in Texas, btw. Thank you!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Do you have a local grocery store that may be interested in partnering with you for the milk deliveries? They must be getting their milk from somewhere, right? Or at least maybe they could give you the name of the company that delivers to them, and you can contact them on your own.

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I didn't even think of asking the local grocery store if they're interested in partnering... Thank you!

Do you have a local grocery store that may be interested in partnering with you for the milk deliveries? They must be getting their milk from somewhere, right? Or at least maybe they could give you the name of the company that delivers to them, and you can contact them on your own.

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Not yet. I haven't talked to the local grocery stores yet, as I'm not opening until May and decided to not deal with the grocery stores during the holidays any more than I needed to haha. But now that things have settled down, I will contact them soon.

Did you figure out a solution for your milk?

sidg

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a dairy in the area? Most of them will deliver for a price. You will have to consider the cost of your time to pick up and the cost of delivery.
When I started with a brick and morter I choose to do my own shopping even though it ment time and miles as it was cheaper to pay an employee than it was to get things delivered. But you will have to run the numbers and see which is best for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I can't find any dairy near here... and I've worked at 2 coffee shops around here and they both had to make multiple trips a week for milk at the local grocery store (there was no wholesale deal worked out or anything).

Is there a dairy in the area? Most of them will deliver for a price. You will have to consider the cost of your time to pick up and the cost of delivery.
When I started with a brick and morter I choose to do my own shopping even though it ment time and miles as it was cheaper to pay an employee than it was to get things delivered. But you will have to run the numbers and see which is best for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

efriese

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Will one of the big grocery trucks like Sysco or US Foods service your area? We've used Sams Club in the past, but lugging 50-60 gallons of milk every week got really old. We use a dairy supplier now. Ask your local super market or gas station who delivers their milk. There's a dairy somewhere near you that is bring them milk.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I can't find any dairy near here... and I've worked at 2 coffee shops around here and they both had to make multiple trips a week for milk at the local grocery store (there was no wholesale deal worked out or anything).

You could pay a local, reliable teenager (who has a car) to go to the store, buy milk, and deliver it to you. You'd probably only need him to do it a couple times a week.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I would be careful about having employees picking up goods for you. If they get in an accident you are screwed. I used to have a coffee shop next to an Albertsons(shows you it was a LONG time ago.) The dairy manager hated me. I would go in and buy all of his stock. He confronted me once and said you can't buy all of my milk...it doesn't leave any for my customers. Your customers? I laughed and said I'm your best customer!!

wiferichie

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I would be careful about having employees picking up goods for you. If they get in an accident you are screwed. I used to have a coffee shop next to an Albertsons(shows you it was a LONG time ago.) The dairy manager hated me. I would go in and buy all of his stock. He confronted me once and said you can't buy all of my milk...it doesn't leave any for my customers. Your customers? I laughed and said I'm your best customer!!

I've literally never seen an Albertsons, haha. (But then, I grew up in Alaska, so there's a lot of stores I've never seen.... HA)