reputable suppliers

lunfardi

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
the people at folgers emailed me and told me that they only buy their coffee beans from reputable suppliers, what if someone new wanted to get into the coffee industry? how could they get foot in the table and sell their beans to folgers? folgers also told me that they only buy their beans from tropical climates where high altitudes are available. how true would this be? but what about when someone who supplies their beans to major american coffee companies retires, what then? do new people come in?how does new talent come in? regardless of how folgers and other american coffee companies decide how to go about buying their beans, who decides from whom they will purchase their beans from? is it the companies or the coffee farmers that decide this? who has the final say when it comes to american coffee companies buying their coffee beans from? is it them or the farmers? can a barista please tell me on this one. rsvp. thank you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
how can i delete the same thread that i have tried deleting but cant? rsvp

I deleted your duplicate thread. In the future, if you ever want to delete a thread or post that you've written, you can go to that post and go to the bottom of the screen and click on Edit Post. You will then have the option to edit the post or delete it.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It's not a matter of someone retiring and you jump in and get the business...There is no way you could grab that contract from Procter and Gamble.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Lunfardi,

Have you ever thought about talking to your uncle and asking him how he would like you to invest the money you'll eventually inherit from him?

Maybe he would appreciate having the conversation with you. I imagine that most people who plan to pass on the value of their estate to a relative would like to know what the receiver plans to do with the money they will receive. Unfortunately, most people don't get the chance to find out.

I hope that your uncle will be interested in guiding you now, while he's still alive.

Rose

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Do what you love man. If you are inheriting 100MM + you can speak to a wealth manager and on say 60% of it live extremely well for many many generations. If your not "good" at business do what you love. I am not sure if that's coffee but don't get into the coffee business if it doesn't ignite your flame. Maybe its cars, buy a dealership(Not an easy business). Maybe its watches build a specialty watch business(also not an easy business). Maybe you love photography, open a photography company. Moral here is business isn't easy and the reason you would start a business is the intention to turn a profit. In your case there will be a lot of growing pains and having a passion for what your succeeding or failing at will help you grow and potentially make it the best ever and create your own legacy. Best part if you fail is that 60% 3/4% return compounded yearly will allow you to lead an incredibly comfortable life.

Good luck in whatever you choose and I would 100% speak with your uncle NOW.