Lightbulb My attempt to pay homage to coffee

Hey guys, I'm Chance an aspiring coffee aficionado. Honestly, I started drinking coffee frequently about a year and a half ago, but ever since I haven't been able to stop and I would not change a single thing. I just recently really started to look into the coffee industry and everything that goes into the production of coffee, and there are so many things are absolutely unjust within the coffee industry and need to be addressed. In an attempt to raise awareness and direct attention to the native coffee cultivators that spend their whole life trying to provide us high-quality beans, I've created a website covering everything that has to do with coffee from coffee reviews to issues that are plaguing the coffee industry. If you guys want to check it out, the URL is coffeewithchance.com. Any advice or criticism is welcome, please let me know what you guys think! Thanks for having me on the forum!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchance View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Chance an aspiring coffee aficionado. Honestly, I started drinking coffee frequently about a year and a half ago, but ever since I haven't been able to stop and I would not change a single thing. I just recently really started to look into the coffee industry and everything that goes into the production of coffee, and there are so many things are absolutely unjust within the coffee industry and need to be addressed. In an attempt to raise awareness and direct attention to the native coffee cultivators that spend their whole life trying to provide us high-quality beans, I've created a website covering everything that has to do with coffee from coffee reviews to issues that are plaguing the coffee industry. If you guys want to check it out, the URL is coffeewithchance.com. Any advice or criticism is welcome, please let me know what you guys think! Thanks for having me on the forum!
    hello Chance Cablay, how are you? welcome to forum and by looking at your newly created website, you must be really into coffee. that is a good thing!

In your web, under "the cost of coffee", you have mentioned below.

• Inhumane or unsanitary living conditions.
    • Utilization of slave labor through debt peonage.
    • Lack of legally required safety and health equipment.
    • Use of child labor.
    • No access to education.
    • Inadequate wages that do not meet minimum wage requirements.
    • Instances of discrimination against women.
    • Unreasonable quotas.
    • Lack of legally mandated employee benefits.
    • Minimal supply of water.
    • Lack of enforcement of work labor laws.

and it seems like, after reading some of your postings, you have learned about coffee via others, other writings and posting from web.
    I am not saying that is bad because most of us learn that way.

however, if you really are interested in coffee and interested in learning about coffee cultures, lives involved, rules and regulations that big corporations are imposing over them just for their own benefits...etc, you really need to get serious. if you take the info only from others and from web, you won't go far.

let me ask you some questions.
    * have you ever smelled the fermented coffee pulps from processing center?
    * have you ever really talk to some of the coffee farmers who are from the most remote villages in coffee origin country?
    * have you ever asked them (coffee workers, not farm owners) what they really need to improve their lives and how "fairtrade", "rainforest" and "organic" associations are treating them?
    * do you really know why you really can not stop "child labor" in those countries?

if your answer is NO, then, you got to really get involved.

Also, I can see that your coffee offering (if you can call that offering) is connected to Amazon. I do not know how it really works, but nowadays, a lot of people set up websites that way, perhaps to get some commissions from amazon? I do not know.

anyway, this is my 2cent.
    again, I welcome here and hope to hear from you more and more.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links