Making Large Quantities of Syrup

efriese

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm at a point where I need to either become a Monin distributor or make some of my own syrups =). Its amazing how much syrup we go through. Does anyone make their own syrups in high volume? I would love to hear what others are doing and where they are getting their extracts. We've made simple syrup and caramel in small batches and are looking to scale those into bigger batches.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I'm at a point where I need to either become a Monin distributor or make some of my own syrups =). Its amazing how much syrup we go through. Does anyone make their own syrups in high volume? I would love to hear what others are doing and where they are getting their extracts. We've made simple syrup and caramel in small batches and are looking to scale those into bigger batches.

I'm curious. Besides caramel, what other flavored syrups are you going through so fast? Do you have a high-volume café or an ice cream store?

efriese

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure what makes a coffee shop high volume, but we average 200 transactions a day. The basic flavors like Vanilla, Caramel, and White Chocolate we run through quickly. We also use a bunch of Salted Caramel. The effort may not be worth the cost savings, but it's something I'm looking to test.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I'm not sure what makes a coffee shop high volume, but we average 200 transactions a day. The basic flavors like Vanilla, Caramel, and White Chocolate we run through quickly. We also use a bunch of Salted Caramel. The effort may not be worth the cost savings, but it's something I'm looking to test.

For your chocolates one thing you can do is use ground/powdered cocoa and make your own sauces... syrups are doable but a bit of a pain. The shops that buy from me typically buy the main flavors "vanilla/hazelnut/caramel" pre-made and make the oddball flavors in-house.