Making Large Quantities of Syrup

I'm at a point where I need to either become a Monin distributor or make some of my own syrups =). Its amazing how much syrup we go through. Does anyone make their own syrups in high volume? I would love to hear what others are doing and where they are getting their extracts. We've made simple syrup and caramel in small batches and are looking to scale those into bigger batches.

Super Moderator
    You can call Frank Wells at Flavormatic inc. Flavormatic Industries, Inc. manufacture and distribution of flavors, fragrances and essential oils worldwide he is a great dude. He has the flavors you need to make syrups. I am going to be honest with you though...it is a pain in the ass. The flavors are super concentrated. But if you are set on doing it call Frank. How much syrup are you going through?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by efriese View Post
    I'm at a point where I need to either become a Monin distributor or make some of my own syrups =). Its amazing how much syrup we go through. Does anyone make their own syrups in high volume? I would love to hear what others are doing and where they are getting their extracts. We've made simple syrup and caramel in small batches and are looking to scale those into bigger batches.
    I'm curious. Besides caramel, what other flavored syrups are you going through so fast? Do you have a high-volume café or an ice cream store?

I'm not sure what makes a coffee shop high volume, but we average 200 transactions a day. The basic flavors like Vanilla, Caramel, and White Chocolate we run through quickly. We also use a bunch of Salted Caramel. The effort may not be worth the cost savings, but it's something I'm looking to test.

Quote Originally Posted by efriese View Post
    I'm not sure what makes a coffee shop high volume, but we average 200 transactions a day. The basic flavors like Vanilla, Caramel, and White Chocolate we run through quickly. We also use a bunch of Salted Caramel. The effort may not be worth the cost savings, but it's something I'm looking to test.
    For your chocolates one thing you can do is use ground/powdered cocoa and make your own sauces... syrups are doable but a bit of a pain. The shops that buy from me typically buy the main flavors "vanilla/hazelnut/caramel" pre-made and make the oddball flavors in-house.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links