Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    why do you need a mixer if you are not doing flavored coffee? All my blends are are roasted as a blend. I do not mix coffee post blend.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    You do not need a mixer unless you are doing flavored coffee. I roast all of my coffees pre blended. I do not post blend my coffee. If you do at some point need to post blend a blend then use the cooling bin from the roaster.

@topher
    Thanks very much.

But I have couple of questions
    1) how can you handle different roasting profiles for different green-beans in the same pre-blended batch ?
    how can you handle the consistency and avoid over/under roasting for some beans ?

2) another questions does the batch-size (5 kilo , 10 , 30 etc) affect the roast-profile ?
    does the roast-profile results will be different if I roast 10 or 30 kilos ? is the weight a factor in the roasting-profile ?

Thanks very much

Thrilled to hear more - following

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zahaby View Post
    1) how can you handle different roasting profiles for different green-beans in the same pre-blended batch ?
    how can you handle the consistency and avoid over/under roasting for some beans ?

2) another questions does the batch-size (5 kilo , 10 , 30 etc) affect the roast-profile ?
    does the roast-profile results will be different if I roast 10 or 30 kilos ? is the weight a factor in the roasting-profile ?
    Here are two different blends. Each one has 3 different origins in them. Granted I am not blending say Monsoon Malabar with a Costa Rican because it would come out like salt and pepper. Another thing is with experience comes consistency.
    Establishing Coffee Processing Factory - Plant in Egypt-20181026_061157.jpgEstablishing Coffee Processing Factory - Plant in Egypt-20181026_062225.jpg
    Batch size or roaster size? I can roast down to about 15 lbs consistently on my 60 kilo. But roasters size from 5 to 60 isn't really different....I just know that once you get into 120's and bigger you lose the control that you have in smaller roasters. Hope this helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links