Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]Coffee Roaster Assistant/Apprentice[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Brooklyn Water Bagel - Delray Beach, FL 33484[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$12 - $15 an hour
Do you have a passion for coffee?
Do you like having every evening off?
Are you okay with fairly repetitious work each week?
If you answered yes to all three of these, and you can envision a career in the quickly-expanding artisan coffee roasting business, then you should apply now! We are looking for ONE PERFECT CANDIDATE to join us!
We are a small-batch coffee roastery operated by a coffee roasting professional with 30 years' experience in the industry. We produce coffee for all Brooklyn Water Bagel restaurants and are continuously expanding our footprint into wholesale and retail opportunities as well.
You will spend your days doing the following:
Grinding freshly roasted coffee, bagging and labeling correctly
Using proper recipes to effective add the correct flavor to flavored coffee beans
Packing shipping boxes with coffee
Properly preparing shipping labels for boxes to be shipped
Cleaning and maintaining the roastery, its fixtures and equipment
Learning the art of roasting and eventually purchasing of coffee beans
Requirements:
Must be 18 years or older (OSHA requirement)
Must be able to lift 100 pounds
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, as well as frequent squatting, bending, and lifting over the head; heavy cleaning is involved
Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Must be self-sufficient and work efficiently with minimal supervision
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Must be available for a schedule that tyically operates 6am-2pm Monday through Friday, but will require flexibility - there may be occasional weekends required and there may be times it is necessary to come in earlier or leave later
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Experience:

• Coffee House: 1 year (Preferred)
  • Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
License:

• Driver's License (Required)
Language:

• English (Required)
Work authorization:

• United States (Required)
Shifts:

• Morning (Required)
  • Mid-Day (Required)
[/FONT]

Please send resume to [email protected]

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Rose check your sent items in your email. I have not received your resume yet.
The job is very physical...sometimes we have to drag or prop up the bags. They weigh up to just over 150 lbs...when picking bags up we use 2 people. It's crazy. I posted this on indeed and I received hundreds of applicants. Out of all those applicants not one of them have worked in coffee before. I would have done anything when I was apprenticing to work Monday through Friday! I will look for your resume later today?:coffee:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Rose check your sent items in your email. I have not received your resume yet.
The job is very physical...sometimes we have to drag or prop up the bags. They weigh up to just over 150 lbs...when picking bags up we use 2 people. It's crazy. I posted this on indeed and I received hundreds of applicants. Out of all those applicants not one of them have worked in coffee before. I would have done anything when I was apprenticing to work Monday through Friday! I will look for your resume later today?:coffee:

Ha! Ha!

My days of being able to lift 100 pounds are long gone. I would need to do a "team lift" with four other people. Just the thought of it makes my back hurt.

Good luck with your search. The person who gets the job should feel honored to have the opportunity to work with you.

~ Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I am blown away. I have had about 300 people apply. I reached out to about 25. I heard back from 10 of the 25. I set up 8 interviews and 2 showed up. No one wants to work anymore...sigh. I think I found the perfect candidate though. Will post if I hire or if the job is still available.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I am blown away. I have had about 300 people apply. I reached out to about 25. I heard back from 10 of the 25. I set up 8 interviews and 2 showed up. No one wants to work anymore...sigh. I think I found the perfect candidate though. Will post if I hire or if the job is still available.

Oh you should see the stories my tells.. he is a recruiter for a large firm here in KC. I'm encouraging him to write a book - some of the stories are simply unbelieveable.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
My friend in Illinois hired an outside salesman whom he then fired after 3 months of no production. He had another job but took the one my friend had advertised and collected a paycheck and filed expense reports for 3 months until the company caught on and fired him

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Very good Christopher, good luck with the new guy!

We had a girl start here not long ago. Worked 3 days went to lunch and never came back, funny world. I can't even imagine having that thought in my head.

Alisonin

Apr 7, 2021
Visit site
I think that one of the most exciting and well-paid jobs is a firefighter. Of course, it's not an easy job, but the money you make there is worth it. Becoming a firefighter is a complicated process. It’s not something you can just jump into; it takes years of dedication and absolute dedication by every single one of you. The members of your team are going through the exact same process as you. I've studied for a few months some lessons of a course on how to become a firefighter. I would advise you to take a look there, maybe you will like it and become a national saver.

Last edited: