Thread: Now hiring

Super Moderator

Now hiring

Coffee Roaster Assistant/Apprentice
    Brooklyn Water Bagel - Delray Beach, FL 33484
    $12 - $15 an hour
    Do you have a passion for coffee?
    Do you like having every evening off?
    Are you okay with fairly repetitious work each week?
    If you answered yes to all three of these, and you can envision a career in the quickly-expanding artisan coffee roasting business, then you should apply now! We are looking for ONE PERFECT CANDIDATE to join us!
    We are a small-batch coffee roastery operated by a coffee roasting professional with 30 years' experience in the industry. We produce coffee for all Brooklyn Water Bagel restaurants and are continuously expanding our footprint into wholesale and retail opportunities as well.
    You will spend your days doing the following:
    Grinding freshly roasted coffee, bagging and labeling correctly
    Using proper recipes to effective add the correct flavor to flavored coffee beans
    Packing shipping boxes with coffee
    Properly preparing shipping labels for boxes to be shipped
    Cleaning and maintaining the roastery, its fixtures and equipment
    Learning the art of roasting and eventually purchasing of coffee beans
    Requirements:
    Must be 18 years or older (OSHA requirement)
    Must be able to lift 100 pounds
    Must be able to stand for long periods of time, as well as frequent squatting, bending, and lifting over the head; heavy cleaning is involved
    Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation
    Must be self-sufficient and work efficiently with minimal supervision
    Must be able to pass a criminal background check
    Must be available for a schedule that tyically operates 6am-2pm Monday through Friday, but will require flexibility - there may be occasional weekends required and there may be times it is necessary to come in earlier or leave later
    We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
    Job Type: Full-time
    Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
    Experience:

• Coffee House: 1 year (Preferred)
    • Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)

License:

• Driver's License (Required)

Language:

• English (Required)

Work authorization:

• United States (Required)

Shifts:

• Morning (Required)
    • Mid-Day (Required)

Please send resume to c.conover@brooklynwaterbagel.com
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    Hummmm…. Must be able to lift 100 pounds . . . and do what with it? Lift it up and put it down, or lift it up and walk across the room with it?

Just wondering.

Super Moderator
    Rose check your sent items in your email. I have not received your resume yet.
    The job is very physical...sometimes we have to drag or prop up the bags. They weigh up to just over 150 lbs...when picking bags up we use 2 people. It's crazy. I posted this on indeed and I received hundreds of applicants. Out of all those applicants not one of them have worked in coffee before. I would have done anything when I was apprenticing to work Monday through Friday! I will look for your resume later today?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Rose check your sent items in your email. I have not received your resume yet.
    The job is very physical...sometimes we have to drag or prop up the bags. They weigh up to just over 150 lbs...when picking bags up we use 2 people. It's crazy. I posted this on indeed and I received hundreds of applicants. Out of all those applicants not one of them have worked in coffee before. I would have done anything when I was apprenticing to work Monday through Friday! I will look for your resume later today?
    Ha! Ha!

My days of being able to lift 100 pounds are long gone. I would need to do a "team lift" with four other people. Just the thought of it makes my back hurt.

Good luck with your search. The person who gets the job should feel honored to have the opportunity to work with you.

~ Rose

Super Moderator
    I am blown away. I have had about 300 people apply. I reached out to about 25. I heard back from 10 of the 25. I set up 8 interviews and 2 showed up. No one wants to work anymore...sigh. I think I found the perfect candidate though. Will post if I hire or if the job is still available.

I am blown away. I have had about 300 people apply. I reached out to about 25. I heard back from 10 of the 25. I set up 8 interviews and 2 showed up. No one wants to work anymore...sigh. I think I found the perfect candidate though. Will post if I hire or if the job is still available.
    Oh you should see the stories my tells.. he is a recruiter for a large firm here in KC. I'm encouraging him to write a book - some of the stories are simply unbelieveable.

My friend in Illinois hired an outside salesman whom he then fired after 3 months of no production. He had another job but took the one my friend had advertised and collected a paycheck and filed expense reports for 3 months until the company caught on and fired him

Super Moderator
    I found my new apprentice! No coffee experience but a great guy. I kinda like the no experience aspect.

Super Moderator
    I found my new apprentice! No coffee experience but a great guy. I kinda like the no experience aspect.
    Congratulations! Now you can train him to do things exactly the way you want them done - without any unnecessary input, annoying suggestions, or rambling discussion.

Nice!

~ Rose

Very good Christopher, good luck with the new guy!

We had a girl start here not long ago. Worked 3 days went to lunch and never came back, funny world. I can't even imagine having that thought in my head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links