Coffee People Podcast Featuring Encore Coffee Company

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hey folks...

As many of you know I own Encore Coffee Company (yes ... please go order coffee :)). If you have any desire to hear about my business, roasting style or business; I was recently featured on the Coffee People podcast. I'm can feel a People's Choice Podcast Award in the making... LOL. Enjoy.

Check it out now on most podcast platforms - https://anchor.fm/coffeepeople/episodes/Encore-Coffee-Mike-King-e4d5h3/a-ahd9tu

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
The Brazil I have now is a raisin processed (I.E. natural) coffee - smooth and rich with sweetness but not fruity. The fruit bomb Ethiopians are just now arriving ...

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Yellow Catuai..... this Brazil Natural.
I never had Yellow Catuai mainly because my customers shy away from Catuai due to its flavor profile & just what it is genetically. (bit inferior to Bourbon, Caturra which are most common specialty varietals)

I personally don't think you can categorize a whole variety as good or bad - there is good & bad coffee in every format/varietal/process. This particular coffee was sourced from an importer that spends a lot of time on the ground in Brazil. This particular coffee came highly rated from my trader and I agreed with the high quality cup. Granted its a Brazil so it's not going to be a high acid fruit bomb.