Hello Coffee Friends -I run a coffee roasting academy/ co-roasting space in Singapore

Hi there!

My name is Kenneth,
    I run a coffee roasting academy and co-roasting space in Singapore.

How many of you would prefer to roast in a co-roasting space instead of owning your own roaster?
    Last edited by KennethOng; 08-15-2019 at 08:25 AM.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethOng View Post
    Hi there!

My name is Kenneth,
    I run a coffee roasting academy and co-roasting space in Singapore.
    How many of you would prefer to roast in a co-roasting space instead of owning your own roaster?
    welcome Ken. what is exactly co-roasting space? can you explain more in detail and how it works for roasters in overseas?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    welcome Ken. what is exactly co-roasting space? can you explain more in detail and how it works for roasters in overseas?
    I recall that a few years ago, some of our Forum members were wondering about how to go about sharing a roaster instead of buying one. It sounded like it was a little tricky trying to figure out a way to do it so that everyone would be equally happy with the arrangement.

A co-roasting space is basically a commercial roasting facility where roasters pay us by the hour to use the roaster to roast their own coffee.
    They just come in with their green coffee, roast for as long as they like and then off they go.
    We take care of the machine maintenance and everything else. All necessary equipment such as dataloggers, cupping equipments, brewing equipments etc are provided.

It's not too relevant to overseas roasters as they cant use the facility but I thought it'd be nice to get some feedback on ideas brewing in my head here.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethOng View Post
    A co-roasting space is basically a commercial roasting facility where roasters pay us by the hour to use the roaster to roast their own coffee.
    They just come in with their green coffee, roast for as long as they like and then off they go.
    We take care of the machine maintenance and everything else. All necessary equipment such as dataloggers, cupping equipments, brewing equipments etc are provided.

It's not too relevant to overseas roasters as they cant use the facility but I thought it'd be nice to get some feedback on ideas brewing in my head here.
    Ken,

I moved this thread topic from the Introductions Forum to this Coffee Industry Forum area, so people will have a better chance to see it. I also edited the title. I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for the details about the services that you offer for co-roasting. It would be great if someone would do the same thing here in the United States.

~ Rose

Super Moderator
    This is great for people who can't afford to pull the trigger on a full blown roastery. Personally I would be a nervous wreck if I owned a business like this. I hate when people fiddle with my toys.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

The idea is probably from timeshare...

There are actually such spaces in the US.
    There's Coro in cali, pulley collective and buckman coffee factory to name a few. Prolly more that i forgot the name of.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links