FDA - Food Safety

Fully agree.
Being very sanitary under normal circumstances is crucially important.
What would happen to your business if it was closed due to a public health issue?
Now that said, these are not "normal circumstances", so thinking of ways to be even more careful is paramount.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Agree... on a personal level I never want to get anyone sick EVER, I go above and beyond FDA guidelines even before this COVID mess. I can't say everyone is like that but I know a lot of my peers feel the same way.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
It was the FDA. They are making us now register with them(no fee). I assume with this will come with a bunch of new paperwork. :(

I assume from your comment you weren't before... if any roaster is doing wholesale you have to register your Food Processing Plant. I don't really see much other than changing passwords every quarter and updating your files online each year. They work hand-in-hand with our local health department. Surprisingly they are more helpful than difficult to work with (at least in my region). They will, however, do inspections unannounced ..

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
My business partner said it was coming, just didn't know when. To get ahead of the curve you have to create and post an action plan/protocols for dealing with any issues that may arise.

i.e. are you skids 12 - 18 inches away from the wall? Inspectors want to be able to look behind all the way down