Help Please: Ambex Maintenance - How to clean the fan on an Ambex Ym-15

Nexwlelexwem

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I have been looking for any detailed information on how to clean the fan on an Ambex Ym-15 but can't find any.
I can reach the fan from the chaff collector with my hand to know that it's dirty but don't know how to open it up safely.
Has anyone done this and can explain?
Thank you

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Nexwlelewem. Does your YM15 have the internal chaff collector? I can walk you through if it has an external chaff collector but the internal ones are a wee bit more difficult. If it is internal please contact my buddy Amir with Ambex. There shop number is 727-251-9262.
How long have you owned the roaster and do you know how long it has been since it was cleaned? I clean mine a minimum of once a month.

Nexwlelexwem

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
Nexwlelewem. Does your YM15 have the internal chaff collector? I can walk you through if it has an external chaff collector but the internal ones are a wee bit more difficult. If it is internal please contact my buddy Amir with Ambex. There shop number is 727-251-9262.
How long have you owned the roaster and do you know how long it has been since it was cleaned? I clean mine a minimum of once a month.

Hi Topher, thank you for your reply. Yes it's an older machine from 2006 and it has an internal chaff collector, I owned it for 2 years and although I clean the exhaust every couple of months and I deep cleaned the burners briefly after I bought it, I don't know how to get to the fan. I sent a message on the form provided on the Ambex website, but I didn't get an answer or at least didn't find one. I clean the chaff collector every time I roast.
The machine needs a bit of TLC, it's rusting a bit as the previous owner used water to prevent the chaff from catching on fire, as He was pushing multiple roasts at once. I tend to do 2 batches, or 3 if one of them is Decaf, before I cool it and clean it.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yeah. Those "fire boxes" are a pain in the ass. If you are in the states I would call him. That is the best way to reach him. Once you figure out how to get to the exhaust fan and can clean it you will see a difference in your roast times. Airflow is key ;) If you can't reach him hit me up in a PM with your contact info and I will try him.