Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    California Woodside
    Posts
    12

    Coffee shop security guards

    Does a coffee shop need security guards?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    470
    What ? Where are you located.........Libya ?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneFraser View Post
    Does a coffee shop need security guards?
    Are you asking about security guards who are hired to protect people and the property, or are you asking about the window security guards (window bars) that help keep people from breaking in after hours?
    Last edited by PinkRose; 07-20-2020 at 04:51 AM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    8
    In my opinion, any business needs security services because that is very important. It seems to us that life is simple and nothing bad will happen but it is not so, at any moment anyone and anywhere could have unpleasant moments and a security company could very easily save the situation. For example, I am the owner of a jewelry store and I called the houston security guard a long time ago so I am always calm that in case of something everything will be fine.
    Last edited by KKDivan; 07-18-2020 at 12:04 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by KKDivan View Post
    In my opinion, any business needs security services because that is very important. It seems to us that life is simple and nothing bad will happen but it is not so, at any moment anyone and anywhere could have unpleasant moments and a security company could very easily save the situation. For example, I am the owner of a jewelry store and I called the houston security guard a long time ago so I am always calm that in case of something everything will be fine.

    Let's not get overly dramatic. All businesses do NOT need security guards. The decision as to whether a business needs a security guard service is dependent upon the type of business and it's location. A jewelry business certainly is one that can use a security guard. A coffee shop? Typically no. But if it were located in Libya, then yes.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Let's not get overly dramatic. All businesses do NOT need security guards. The decision as to whether a business needs a security guard service is dependent upon the type of business and it's location. A jewelry business certainly is one that can use a security guard. A coffee shop? Typically no. But if it were located in Libya, then yes.
    I dunno...........I've heard of alot of holdups with coffee!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    I dunno...........I've heard of alot of holdups with coffee!!!

    Maybe. But I'm guessing those holdups take place long before the coffee gets to the store. Like a truck delivering large quantities of beans? Isn't that where the money is? After all, I'm sure very few people use cash to buy a cup of coffee anymore.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton
    Posts
    3,581
    I was in the back counting down tills when my boss comes in and sets a revolver on the desk I was at. He said if anyone comes in shoot them. I said,"buddy...if someone comes in to rob me. Im going to give them the whopping $600." Im not killing someone over 600 bux. Thankfully I was never robbed there.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    24
    If you don't allow people to carry guns in your coffee shop, then yeah an armed guard is a must. You need to protect your customers if you won't let them do it themselves.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecryphon View Post
    If you don't allow people to carry guns in your coffee shop, then yeah an armed guard is a must. You need to protect your customers if you won't let them do it themselves.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Spoken like a true Texan.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Let's share tips how to make our online life secure
    By Aramis in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2019, 09:05 PM
  2. Network Security
    By Kina_Pardee in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2017, 07:58 PM
  3. Coffee Shop Tips & Guide to Open Coffee Shop Business
    By dicoffeeshop in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 12:07 AM
  4. Opening coffee shop above existing retail shop, housed in a 1940s building
    By CoffeePrince in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
  5. Pod type coffee maker with security code?
    By jjay in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM