Staff improvement!

I noticed that the employees of my coffee shop have big problems with grammar. Someone faced a similar problem? Did you solve it somehow?

Send them to advanced training courses

Hah, the coffee shop employees will be like schoolboys studying from textbooks? What are you talking about?.. The staff must be chosen carefully, so that they can at least speak intelligently. By the way, why do they even write and speak without mistakes, they are waiters...

And that employees should not be literate? Anyone should have at least some education. I won't talk about capitalization, but there is a great site where there are reading comprehension worksheets for grade 3 pdf. This is much more convenient than buying textbooks, especially now almost all the knowledge can be obtained on the Internet, I do not see the point in storing waste paper. By the way, why do you think that competent speech is not appropriate for the staff of the cafe? This is better than looking for alternative ways to capitalize, although everything can be accounted for by costs and personnel costs. Let them learn grammar and everything will be fine

Well ... it's a good start to learning. I'll take it for my daughter, let her study too

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by surfius View Post
    I noticed that the employees of my coffee shop have big problems with grammar. Someone faced a similar problem? Did you solve it somehow?
    Where are you located? Are you in the United States?

Are your employees bi-lingual and still learning English? Are they high school kids who sometimes use bad grammar on purpose? Are they from neighborhoods where groups tend to use their own slang and grammar creations?

Can you give us some examples of the problems that your employees seem to be having with grammar? Are you noticing a problem with their choice of words when they speak to the customers?

There are many ways to help your employees use good grammar, including showing them by your example, (using good grammar in front of them) and also by you letting them know what you expect of them. Since you're the boss, you can tell them what you'd like them to say to the customers and how you want them to say it.

By the way, regarding the second sentence in your post - you may want to check out this website:
    https://www.writersdigest.com/write-...-grammar-rules

~ Rose

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links