Obtaining permission for moblie coffee truck

guinnesscafe

Nov 14, 2005
Visit site
I am looking to f fill a need I have noticed in my area. A commuter train has various stops in small areas on its way to the big city. The location of this stops have no coffee shops next to them. I am curious on how I may go about asking permisson to have a mobile coffee truck at one of these locations perhaps more in the future. I new to this business and am not ready to start just yet but I am trying to get a business plan together. This being a major factor in going forward. There are at least five mjor stops I would conisder for an a m business. The average commuter is on the train for 2hrs to 30 minutes depending on where they get on. I think I am postion to start with one truck with hope sto add more. But do not wna tto lose postion at these places. So I am looking at how to approach, what amount should I look to be payinh for space, and should I conisdered a long term contract about have exclusive rights at these locations...
This is in a midwest location
any ideas woul dbe appreciated...

cheers

Java Rocks Tony

Jan 30, 2005
Clevland, Ohio USA
Visit site
guinnesscafe said:
I am looking to f fill a need I have noticed in my area. A commuter train has various stops in small areas on its way to the big city. The location of this stops have no coffee shops next to them. I am curious on how I may go about asking permisson to have a mobile coffee truck at one of these locations perhaps more in the future. I new to this business and am not ready to start just yet but I am trying to get a business plan together. This being a major factor in going forward. There are at least five mjor stops I would conisder for an a m business. The average commuter is on the train for 2hrs to 30 minutes depending on where they get on. I think I am postion to start with one truck with hope sto add more. But do not wna tto lose postion at these places. So I am looking at how to approach, what amount should I look to be payinh for space, and should I conisdered a long term contract about have exclusive rights at these locations...
This is in a midwest location
any ideas woul dbe appreciated...

cheers

u'll need to start with the owner/operator of the track lines. most trains, passenger and freight use a common track they lease time from, from the owner, most likely Union Pacific or some other conglamerate. be prepared for an uphill battle, as I know from experience Union Pacific can be very difficult to deal with. not to say it can't be done but u need to talk the talk and show them u r for real. good luck!