Triple shot basket for Nuova VIP??

I am curious to know if there is a specific triple shot basket for the Nuova Simonelli Program VIP? My inquiries to Nuova have been unreturned and I find it a little disturbing since they have been great for two years up until now.

Oh and on a side note.... anyone buy into the "stabilizing a shot" within 10 seconds before it goes "bad?" I just don't buy into the Italians hurrying to either drink their entire cup of espresso or to quickly pour in milk within 10 seconds. Sounds like propaganda but I'm open minded if someone has a legitimate argument to back this statement up.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Did you try calling Ryan Nuova Distribution at 360-366-2226? Or email info@nuovadistribution.com

I think that a straight shot of espresso should be drank shortly after it has been extracted. The sensation of sipping through the crema and tasting the fresh coffee oils and crema is a part of the experience. I would extend those parameters a bit over 10 seconds but not a whole lot more. The crema will start to dissipate immediately (tiny bubbles bursting) and depending on the extraction the espresso will start to lose flavor, acidity, etc. You want a good flavor in your espresso which consists of the acidity, aroma and body. The crema plays a big role in great tasting espresso. I encourage you to do a tasting with your espresso, 10-20 seconds after extraction, then 1-2 min after extraction ... you should find a diference, if your extraction time is dialed in.

- matt
    Bellissimo Coffee InfoGroup
    American Barista & Coffee School
    Expert Coffee Business Consulting, On-site or Espresso Lab Professional Barista Training!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links