want to start coffee house

coffee_guy

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

I am trying to start an espresso-focused business. I have never done any kind of business especially espresso business. People have told me I need to contact a consulting company called Crimson cup. They have helped open up a lot of independent coffee houses.

I was wondering if anyone has any information about Crimson Cup. Like how much they would charge for their services and what kind of service they provide? I have gone to their website but they do not have enough of information on how they will help you to open an independent coffee house.

Thank you,

Sabranie

Jan 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
Visit site
My company, The Bean Collection Coffee, offers espresso and coffee business consulting at no charge. I am not familiar with Crimson Cup, but I do know that many coffee roasters would provide you with the information you need without charge, so my recommendation would be to find a coffee you like, contact the roaster and request assistance with business planning. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Good luck!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey coffee_guy...For the sake of not becoming an #$%^&...I would appreciate it if you would change your screen name. I would not like for others to become confused between the two of us. I've been on here for awhile and contributing for quite some time :evil: Besides I'm sure you can come up with something creative that has not been taken///

Thank you,

Coffee Guy

DCC_2006

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
Another suggestion would be to go work part time in a coffee shop. This will give you a real life idea of what it takes. I did it and it worked out great.

christina

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Crimson cup

They are great. If you call them, they will answer all of your questions no problem and no pressure. 888-800-9224. I truly suggest calling them.

H Man

Jun 21, 2006
NYC
Visit site
You know it's sort of funny, I hadn't thought of that the first time I read this post but now that I look at it, I see that the original poster (spammer) BOLDED the company name :-D

Nice catch and call out 007 8)

H Man

Jun 21, 2006
NYC
Visit site
A case of 'guerilla marketing' gone bad I guess.... :lol:

Shoulda taken a cue from some of the other great posters on this site, they get there company names out there by providing expert opinions, giving advice and by just generally partaking in this community - and it probably comes back to them ten-fold.

Taking shortcuts just backfires on you...silly rabbits!

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I've gotten to the point where I just ignore most spammers. They seem to think they are cleaver :oops: I think eventually they will get it and contribute rather than advertise and maybe earn a little respect in here.

What do you say??? :grin:

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
funny

Here is something funny as well. While searching for Crimson Cup I found...

"Crimson Cup
An exciting find at this time of year is the "crimson cup" fungus, Sarcoscypha coccinea. The common name describes the brilliant crimson or orange-red color of the interior of the cup. The color is especially dramatic when the cup fungus is surrounded by snow.

The diameter of the cup usually ranges from 1-2 inches. The exterior of the fungus is white, as well as the slightly inturned upper edge of the cup.

The crimson cup fungus is usually found on partially buried branches in the woods. It's most commonly found on downed basswood. It may occur as a single specimen or in small groups.

The Plant Disease Clinic received two samples of the fungus for identification this year. A sample was submitted from Hamilton County in January, and a second sample was received from Lee County in February."

---guess they didn't research their name too well either